Sunset Crab Shack

                                                 534 Sunset Ave, Dallas, TX 75208

   Every Friday is my "No cook day"  as we call it.  I spend all week cooking and it's the day I don't cook dinner.  We are always looking for good places with good food. Being that we live in such a huge city,  you'd think it'd be easy to do. Maybe we're just picky or is it that we expect more spices and flavors. Either way,  we're on a mission.  Friday, we tried the Sunset Crab Shack. I actually saw a post on Instagram and people had a lot of good things to say. What's the verdict????? 


We arrived a little after lunch hour.  It's pretty easy to spot from the street.  You see this place with what seems to be a big wooden deck area. You basically seat yourself.  You can choose to dine inside or on the deck area.  The first thing that caught my eye was the decor. It definitely looks like a Sea theme. They also have a big bar area. It's a very open area with different seating sections and very clean too. Enough about the physical appearance. Let's get to the food. 


This is part of their menu.  You have a good choice of options. The prices are decent considering it's fish and seafood. I ordered the gumbo, which I forgot to take a picture of. The gumbo was delicious. They add a good amount of shrimp to it. It's creamy, flavorful and has a bit of spiciness. I'd definitely recommend ordering the gumbo. 


I really wanted to order a boil, but before I spend so much I have to test the food, the flavors and spices used. I saw people ordering the boils and they give you big portions and smell amazing. I ordered the shrimp basket and my hubby ordered the shrimp and fish basket. The fish was very moist with a nice, crunchy batter. The breading is flavorful, has good spices and hint of heat. You have a choice of fries, Cajun fries or sweet potato fries. We had the gumbo, 2 baskets and 2 drinks for under $40. You have a wide variety to choose from. Some items that caught my eye were the ceviche, shrimp cocktail and the appetizers. They offer salads, sandwiches and a lot more. We had a great waitress who took good care of us, but service was a bit slow. The restaurant is very tidy too. Overall, a good seafood place that we'll definitely dine at again. 


Comments