Our Visit to Children's Medical Center








   My daughter was so sick recently. It seems that ever since she started school she has been sick. If it's not a runny nose or cough, it's been fever. It got to a point where she got a bad cold. I ended up having to take her to the doctor on Friday. I got her meds, which were over $200, not counting the doctor visit. Not only did she have fever, but she had a bad ear infection. Funny part is she never complained until that day. The doctor said it might pop. Naturally, i felt like a bad Mother for not knowing. I've never had an earache or ear infection and neither has my daughter. Everything seemed to be going okay until I noticed she had hives. I gave her Benadryl, the hives went away and she fell asleep. I was thinking it was all under control.

   So, she wakes up and ehen she gets up she has a fever of 102 and not only hives, but was also swollen. I was panicking and we ended up taking her to the ER. We took her to Children's Medical Center. By the time we got there, not only was her ear swollen, but her lips were too. I was freaking out worrying her throat might get swollen. I think she was having a reaction to the penicillin. They attended us pretty quick. They took her off penicillin,  gave her steroids and a bunch more. Such great doctor there and great nurses.      
   As we were leaving, we were in awe. The things they have in that hospital are amazing. The details, the artwork, the designs are beautiful! We had to stop and take photos.

                In the hallways


  The amazing train set










Comments