Life on WW





    A few months back, I decided it was time for a change. Coming from a family history of high blood pressure and also being overweight, it was just time for change. I’m not a big fan of diets because the truth is: You’ll gain it all back once you stop dieting! I’d always been curious about Weight Watchers, but wondered if it really worked. Would I feel deprived? Is it all hype? Could I do it?

   Well, I looked at the site, I read a lot of reviews and looked on Instagram. I found this girl named Haven (myfitcalling) on Instagram that I had been following and saw she was on Weight Watchers. I asked her a lot of questions. She walked me through it and I even got a free month to test the waters. Yes, I joined! Okay, now how serious am I going to take this? Will I be committed? 

   I downloaded the app and answered all the questions. There are 3 plans- green, blue and purple. They thought green would be good for me. I accepted and started exploring. It’s a really amazing app and very easy to navigate. Everything from how many points I’m allowed per day, to recipe ideas, a food calculator and point tracker. It basically does most of the work for me. How great is that?

   I have been on it since August and I am proud to say I’ve lost 23 pounds. Has it been easy? Not every day. Is it difficult? Definitely not! Have I felt like I’m starving myself? Surprisingly, I haven’t felt starved. So many zero point foods like fruits and veggies. The key is to plan ahead and already know the point values. That will help you stay on track and not cave in to junk food because you don’t know what to eat. It requires a little effort, some planning and commitment on your part, but so gratifying. I’ve made some of the yummiest foods and feel so good about myself. It’s so worth it and you’re worth it too. I pay $20.95 a month on my plan, which is just the app, but it works for me. Very affordable, in my opinion. There are other plans where you have coaches that can help. This plan works for me. 

  I recently switched from the green plan to the blue plan and it’s working better for me. I have less points, but also more zero point foods. It’s pretty awesome! I’m so glad I started this journey and it feels like a lifestyle vs a diet. It has really helped to follow the WW community on Instagram for recipe ideas and motivation. It’s an awesome community! Weight Watchers is changing my life! How great I feel!!!

Comments